Summer Goals and Why I never Reach Them

/
0 Comments
School just started for me, and when I was reflecting over my summer for anything interesting to tell our friends: man. I did nothing.
Well I couldn't say nothing. But I pretty much did what was required of me for school and went to New York. Period. No personal goals finished. No projects done.

One of my lasting summer traditions is to read The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. It may be because it was one of the first summer love stories I've fell in love with, and the first summer love book I've actually read in summer. But no matter what, every time school lets out I'm always at the library, surfing through shelves to find this one book.

Laziness: This whole summer I've only been to the library about... twice. Once to check out books and once to return books. That one time I went to the library, I searched for The Summer I Turned Pretty. I couldn't find it and later found out that the whole series was checked out. After that, I never really bothered.

Having 'better' things to do: A.k.a things that were more entertaining. While playing League, reading this series was at the back of my mind. This also goes with excuses for myself: I was too busy during summer to read.

If you have a goal to do during summer, you should do it. Or else you'll end up like me: trying to pick up the remains of a tradition that you broke. And i'm still trying to tell myself that it's okay: if I read a pdf online it'd still count. Or, summer isn't over yet, you still have time.

Next time summer rolls around, have goals that you actually want to achieve, or else you'd be to lazy to do them. Or actually get your ass out of the couch and actually do it. 


You may also like

No comments: