Book Review: Cinder

/
0 Comments
After finding that my high school was stocked with books that I haven't read before, I'm kind of on a reading rampage.

Cinder  by Marissa Meyer
4.5 stars
Dystopian Romance
Time it took to finish: 1 day
Price: $9.99 (US) [Paperback]
Length: 387 pages
I have heard of tis book numerous times, on Tumblr, and between my friends. Cinder is a futuristic twist on the Cinderella's story. It includes a step-mother and two step-sisters, obviously there is a ball and a swoon-worthy prince. It's pretty action packed and left me wanting more.
One of the reasons why I read this book is because I kind of expected a happy ending. Maybe the conflict wasn't solved all the way and it needed a second book. Maybe they just wanted to make it a trilogy! But that is not the case. Prince Kai's last words to Cinder is heartbreaking and all along, she was throwing herself into a dead end.
It seems as if Cinder's troubles go beyond her family and dead step-father. It involves Lunar and Earth together. She is fighting against the prejudice that people have about cyborgs, she will do a lot for her youngest step-sister (who isn't as evil as you would assume so) and she does things for the greater good.
So I finish the book thinking: 'Everything is going to be alright, Kai and Cinder will get together in the end and everything will be fine.' But upon further research, I find out that the next book, Cress, wouldn't be about Cinder. It introduces an entirely new set of characters and a look-a-like Red Riding Hood. I'm slightly disappointed and discouraged to continue this series, but if I ever feel like continuing to finish it, I'll do it.
Summary: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth's fate hinges on one girl...
Sixteen-year-old Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past and it is reviled by her step-mother. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover sees about her past in order to protect her world's future. Because there is something unusual about Cinder, something that others would kill for.
:: Woo this was a pain to type. My Chrome isn't working for some reasons and now I'm using Internet Explorer. For some reason BlogSpot isn't compatible with it and sometimes won't register what I type, so sorry for the errors. 


You may also like

No comments: