But when he fed me the sweetest of words, they melted bitter on my tongue.

/
0 Comments
--qotd

I've decided to do some statement sharing, or statements worth quoting. Most of these will be my own and I'll add a little bit of how I came about writing it.

So hers the backstory behind this one:

I used to have a guy I met over the internet, who told me all these sweet things. He gave me nicknames, lovely words and I sort of fell for it. I was totally enamored of him. But these things you learn with time and experience: that not all sweet-talkers are entirely beautiful and their words - especially from people over the net - might not be true. No offense to anyone of course, but just because they say they love you doesn't mean that they do.
He and I stopped talking soon enough. Sometimes when a guy calls you 'Princess' or 'Honey' too many times it gets extremely uncomfortable, kind of the feeling like everything is fake and overly-sugared up. It took me a while to come to realize how insincere everything sounded. He hadn't even seen a picture of me and he talked about how 'beautiful' and 'pretty' I was, that maybe everything he said wasn't entirely true.

There is also a second guy: someone that I truly liked and enjoyed talking to. I met him through some friends, and by the time I finally got to know him he had already moved across the country. He and I immediately connected, talking day after day during summer. He was extremely nice to me too, he told me I was pretty, that he loved talking to me and how he missed me. We had promised each other to meet one day and go out on a date or something.
One day, we just fell apart. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but we just stopped talking. He didn't reply to any of my messages and didn't text me. I tried to ask him what's wrong and why, but I still got no answer. But what hurt me the most was that he just left, as if I didn't mean anything, as if it didn't take that much effort to remove me from his life. I didn't even know why.

Even if both guys were sweet and wonderful to me, they left some sort of mark. It was great while they were here, but they left, all that remained was an empty sadness.



You may also like

No comments: