10 Things to Do During Thanksgiving Break

/
0 Comments
For a long time, I despised breaks because I had nothing to do. For me, it was just an empty slot of time that my parents took advantage of to push me towards more workbooks, study my foreign language, or to play piano. But now, I've been finding other ways to occupy myself during this one week.

1. Make Your Wishlist
I know this is really controversial (it's thanksgiving break), but it's a way to fill up loose time. You could also plan Christmas presents for your family or friends.

2. Bake Cookies
Winter always meant that I was allowed to bake again. My father didn't like me baking in the summer because he said that it was too hot to bake anything. During the fall and winter season I produce batch after batch of chocolate chip-cookies. 
For the longest time I've been using this one recipie from APinchofYum for the perfect chocolate chip cookies. 
For an easier, not-much-hassle instant dessert with as much gratification as something homemade, you could go for microwave desserts. Buzzfeed gives you a list of Microwaveable Desserts in a Mug and I've tried this one microwave cake

3. Start reading a book. And hopefully finish it.
Ever since school started, I've been having less and less time to read books. During breaks, I use this time to attack the library and hoard books. Even though I know that most will be returned without being touched or kept in the corner until the overdue fines suffocate me, I still like the feeling of having a good story on my bedside table. 

4. Start a Workout
Go running. Do scrunches. I don't have a set workout plan since my daily Phys. Ed. class usually does the trick, but during breaks I like to keep that up.
I usually run a mile a week, 25 sit-ups, and do some wall sits while reading a book. 
Although my 'workout' may not seem thorough enough, it's enough to keep me feeling alive and healthy. 
Begin your day with a quick 5 minute work-out, or even something at your desk. If you have a little bit more time, you could go 10 minutes with this 'Victoria Secret Workout'

5. DIY Some of Your Items
Lately, I've been all about mason jars. Even though I haven't gotten around to buying a few, but anything you put in them could possibly come out adorable. This is a list of DIYs you could make (and then put in Mason Jars). 
Washi tape has also been really big lately, especially when Back-To-School season was here. It's an easier alternative to spray painting or designing. Here is a compilation of Washi Tape DIYs you could tackle this thanksgiving break. 

~~Or Maybe..

6. Tackle Homework
We all know how much High School teachers love to pile on homework during breaks. Might as well get it done earlier than on Sunday night...

7. Play Video Games
What else are breaks for then?

8. Finish up the rest of your Halloween Candy
If you didn't go trick-or-treating, finish up all the sweets in your house.

9. Play Clicking Games.
Lately I've been getting addicted to Clicker Heros. It runs in your cookies, so it should still be working even if your wifi is down.
(I have ascended twice!) 

10. Sleep
Of course. 








You may also like

No comments: