A (Sort-of) All Nighter

/
0 Comments
One of my friends persuaded me to pull of my first all-nighter. I was really nervous since I was afraid that I would crash immediately a few hours after the sun rises. It was just for fun, so it wasn't too overly boring or exciting either. There were no prank calls, no pigging out, no PS3 playing. It was just me, my computer, my charger, and my bed.

Heres a short recap of my night (or should I say morning?).

11:30pm - Upstairs. In bed with computer. Totally ready to conquer the night before me. I'm on League of Legends, Skype, and Facebook chatting with whoevers on.





12:30 - In Skype call with a friend who is staying up with me. Complaining about how tired I was, and that 'it was only 12:30. Finally decides to grab my computer charger from downstairs. Begins to surf the web and Google 'tips on all-nighters'




1:30 - Games on League of Legends. Ranked games and Arams for days. Complaining ensues about how 'it's only 1:30 and I'm tired af'. Decide to screw around with my Blogger theme and surfs Tumblr







2-3 - Screws around Ask.fm. Talks about weird things. More Tumblr. Googles 'when does the sun come up' about fifty times. Tweets about the all-nighter. Goes through instagram. Bored. Continually asks my friend what he's doing and asking what should we do.


4:50 - Almost collapses from exhaustion. Keeps on denying that 'I'm tired'. "Of course I'm not, I'll stay up if you'll stay up." Desperately anticipates the sunrise which was supposed to rise around 5:04am.








5:20 - Collapses from exhaustion.










Tips on your first night:

  • Try it with a friend. It doesn't matter if s/he has done it before or not. If they have, they can walk you through it. If they haven't, you two can experience it together!
  • Avoid the bed. You don't want to go into that warm, comfy, soft place if you want to stay awake.
  • Keep yourself busy. You can talk with a friend. Surf the interwebs. Truth or dare. Or you could simply talk. 
  • Remember to keep your computer screen brightness low!
  • Cold water helps to keep you up. If you ever feel tired, just splash water. 
I honestly don't know if I want to do this again. It was not as fun as I expected it be, but I could tell that it would be boring to do it by yourself if you don't have a specific goal to finish by the end of the night. If I ever were to do it for fun, I would do it with a friend. Plus, wifi at night is better at my house and the hours seem to go by faster too! 


You may also like

No comments: