Easy DIY: Heart-Shaped Paperclips

/
0 Comments
This DIY was taken from Pinterest (and we all know how hard Pinterest DIYs can be to complete), I found out this one to be relatively easy and do-able. Although this DIY is slightly time-consuming, the product is extremely cute.

DIY: Heart-Shaped Papercips




Materials:
  • Paperclips (any color, mine are the standard silver)
  • Wire Pliers
  • Sharpies (optional)

Steps:
  1. Take your paperclip and locate the longest end (shown by arrow above)
  2. Use your pliers and clamp over the wire at the middle
    • You might have to fit the pliers in between two of the wires
  3. Using your fingers, bend the two ends of the paperclip up until the paperclip resembles a heart




I'm not strong enough, so to make the paperclips bend the whole way, I used the edge of the table to help me. 

These paperclips look adorable, and can also resemble a heart when you clip them. Although some of them may not clip easily, they are really cute to keep on your desk. Some of my paperclips also clip differently, which I found was really interesting.


Sharpies: Because my paperclips were silver, I decided to color them using Sharpies. It's harder than it seems, because your fingers get stained with the color, and within the first few minutes it's easy for the ink to rub off. It's also pretty hard to try to get the edges of the paperclip to make it entirely red, or else you'll see bits of silver poking out of the corners. 







You may also like

No comments: