Quote-able Binder Covers

/
0 Comments
I originally wanted to create a binder cover with various tissue paper that I had slowly accumulated over the years. But after a few weeks of desperately taking photos and recreating the same one for my Spanish binder over and over again for a blog post quickly became old, I decided on a new idea.

Minimalist Quote Binder Covers
Materials:
  • Ruler (optional)
  • Fine Point Sharpies (in multiple colors)
  • Copy paper
  • Binder
  • Quotes
  • Pencil (optional) 
I chose my Sharpies in complimentary colors, or similar ones so they would look better together. I also had some according to the design I wanted to make.
Any size paper is fine for this, but I used the classic warehouse paper. Make sure your binder has a clear plastic covering in the front so you can slip your cover in there.

Finding Quotes:
I chose four quotes; two song lyrics and two book quotes.

Song quotes: Go through your playlist, or a list of songs that you like and choose some of your favorites. I googled up their lyrics and chose a few of my favorite lines from each.
Book quotes: I went to goodreads and went through a bunch of quotes from books that I had already read previously.
Quotes from people: Try Brainyquote, Goodreads, or Great-quotes. Goodreads gives you a list of the most popular (or most liked) quotes on the site. Brainyquote and Great-quotes allow you to search through quotes at either people or topic.

It's pretty simple...

  1. Take your paper
  2. Smack your quote on it in fancy colors and fonts with your sharpies
  3. Decorate around it
  4. Done

Designing it?
I used my ruler as a tool to create cool geometric patterns. Both of mine were dealing with lines, but you can use triangles, oddly angled squares (for a more interesting effect), octagons, parabolas and anything else that you come up with.

Color Combinations that I used:
*Color names are not accurate.

Green:
Olive green, Forest Green, Light green, Lime green, Yellow


Pink / Purple:
Red, Pink, Baby pink | Purple, Light purple


Blue / Orange:
Light blue, light purple | Peach, Light Orange, Orange, Gold


Misc / Other Colors:
Silver, Black


Since I didn't have another blue color that went nicely with light blue, I chose a light purple and that definitely works. You don't have work with similar colors, you can definitely choose crazy, clashing colors. 
You can go all dark colors, or all pastel colors too. Another idea, is making your cover rainbow.  

My designs: 





Thanks guys~ 
I hope this helped you a lot. I really loved these binder covers and I hope that you'll find them cute and usable too!







You may also like

No comments: